Hello everyone and hello to my very first blog entry on i-studentglobal!
My name is Prestine Davekhaw, currently an international student at DePaul University, pursuing a major in advertising and minor in media and cinema studies.
I am from Penang, Malaysia and came all the way here to the United States to learn more about myself and the world. I originally wanted to do a study abroad in Taiwan when I freshly graduated from high school, but then someone came into my life and told me “Hey, I think the United States may be great for you!” I thought about the idea of getting higher education in the States for two weeks. Two whole weeks! In the end, I accepted the challenge, took intensive English courses right after that, and enrolled in a local international college to do an American Transfer programme. The next thing I knew, I was on my way heading to the Windy City – Chicago, Illinois.
Attending school in the states has been great especially in a big city like Chicago. I love DePaul and it has been treating me well.
Study abroad can be difficult but it is the most valuable experience in my life. I have been here for ten months, yet still struggling with the language and American culture. Despite that, I enjoy every moment here – the good and bad.
Alright, since I am new here, I shall tell you more about myself!
In fact, ten random facts about me 😉
- I am one of the Global Ambassadors at DePaul University!
- I love creative advertisements, experimental and avant-garde short films so much that I spend a magnificent amount of my time exploring them. Say, 21 hours a week.
- I enjoy reading philosophy and ancient Roman poems – I never really understand them but I find them beautiful.
- I enjoy listening to French music too. Again, I never understand a single word from the music but the language and music are simply gorgeous.
- My ultimate goal in life is to please myself in every way I could by following my heart at all times.
- I cannot spell tomroow… tomorrow.. tommorrow? So I use “tmro” all the time.
- I ate bees once in my life and got food poisoned! That would be my last bizarre food experience in life.
- I cannot pronounce the word “beach”. When I could, it always sounds more like “b****”
- [can not think of any]
- [can not think of any]
Well, I hope all of you like my first introductory post on i-studentglobal! I look forward to communicating with everyone over the world. Ciao~!