Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD) (1.45 AUD to every 1 USD)
Geography: South of East Asia
Annual Costs (approx.)
University costs (USD): 24,081
Cost of Living (USD): 18,012
Total (USD): 42,093
Click on the names of the Universities to be taken to their sites.
If you are studying for a short programme, of a maximum of 12 weeks, you can apply for a ‘visitor’ Visa. You can also apply for a year-long ‘Working Holiday‘ Visa.
Before applying, you may need to register as an immigrant with the Australian Government.
There are so many kind of Visas so it is worth searching around on the official Australian Visa website.
Most Australian Visas allow you to work for around 20 hours a week in term-time, and as much as you want during holiday.
Things you HAVE to do
- Great Barrier Reef – Rent a scuba diving kit and be amazed by the Reef. It is insanely beautiful, vast, varied, and totally alien to anything else you would have seen.
- The Great Ocean Road, Victoria – The road trip of a lifetime. Renting a car and driving along this 150 mile stretch is a popular activity and a must-do for any tourist hoping to make the most of their time in Australia
- Kakadu National Park, Northern Territory – Australia is world renown for its unique and amazing wildlife. Kakadu National Park is the home to so many different kinds of bird and reptiles found solely in Australia, and the tours there are very highly rated.
- Red Centre, Northern Territory – the backdrop to so many Hollywood blockbusters, the Red centre embodies that classic Aussie outback. Let out your inner Priscilla Queen of the Desert, and take a hike around these beautifully alien red sand and rocks.
- Bondi Beach – One of the world’s most famous beaches, and the epicentre of surfboarding. A beautiful beach surrounded by quiet secluded coves, white silky sand, and clear blue sea.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge, New South Wales – Climb over the bridge for a fantastic view of one of the most iconic cities in the world. Going over at night promises a breathtaking view of the city with a light show.