visas & working

Most non-EEA students wanting to study full-time in the UK will need to apply for a visa that covers the duration of their stay. There are different types of visas available depending on your age, the type of course you are studying and where you are from.

There have recently been major changes to the student visa system in the UK. The information here is the information available at the time of publication. For the most up-to-date information, please see the UK Border Agency website.

For more information about student visas, the application process and conditions of your stay, please visit

WorkingEU students are normally able to work freely and have the same working rights as UK citizens. Guidelines for non-EEA/EU students are detailed below.

For more information and the most up-to-date information about working during your study, please visit the UK Border Agency website.