visas & working

If you are studying in New Zealand for over three months you will need a student visa, unless you are a citizen (or hold a residence visa) of either New Zealand or Australia.


If you are in full-time study you will usually be allowed to work, subject to a maximum number of hours. In order to be able to work, you will need to apply for a change in your visa conditions.

For more information on any aspect of visas & working in New Zealand, try the New Zealand Immigration Website.