Applying to study in Canada?


Staying in Canada after graduation: opportunities.

Students who want to remain in the country after graduation need to apply for a post-graduation work permit, which allows them to stay for up tp 3 years in the country. You will be eligible to remain in the country if you've studied full-time in Canada in a program that was of at least 8 months long; if your study-permit is valid when you apply for a post-graduation work permit (the application has to be submitted within 90 days of receiving the written confirmation that you've graduated from your academic program).

There is a high interest for skilled professionals in all sorts of industries (engineering, graphic design, HR, natural sciences - just to name a few) in Canada, so as long as you keep to your studies and plan to polish your talent within the country.


Good to know.

For any information at all, check constantly the Citizenship and Immigration Canada page to find a Canadian school that can host international students. Also, stay connected to the Universities Canada website to get the most updated statistics on Canadian universities. The legislation, deadlines and fees might change yearly, so keep an eye on these websites before applying. And more importantly, good luck!