visas & working

To qualify for a student visa you must be accepted on a registered course on a full-time basis. To see details of registered courses and institutions please visit the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) website.

Student visas in Australia are divided by subclasses according to the type of course you are studying (i.e. English language, VET, higher education etc.)

WorkingThe majority of students with student visas are permitted to work and undertake work placements/voluntary work, under certain conditions. However, you may not start working in Australia until your course has started.