Why Study Cambridge Advanced English?
With the choice of learning English as a second language as a key one, particularly if you are looking to study or work abroad, it can be hard to choose between IELTS, TOEFL and CAE (Cambridge Advanced English). Here are five reasons to consider CAE if you are considering studying abroad.
- Almost all of the world’s top universities use Cambridge English exams as a key tool in their international student recruitment.
- 99% of the top 100 universities included in the Times Higher World University Rankings 2015–2016 use Cambridge English exams to verify the English language skills of students. The Times Higher list ranks universities worldwide in terms of teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook. The Cambridge English exams used by universities include IELTS, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE).
- You can take a FREE Test on Cambridge English to help work out your current level.
- Nicola Johnson, Global Manager, Recognition at Cambridge English said:
‘It’s really encouraging that universities around the world rate the importance of having the right English language skills so highly. The growing number of university courses taught in English has increased the need for more accurate ways of measuring the English language skills of students. Cambridge English exams cover the English language skills students need for a positive study experience and this is reflected in their widespread university recognition.’
- You can find out the benefits of studying CAE if you're looking to study abroad in Australia, Canada, USA or the UK.
Whichever English language qualification you decide to take, you must make sure that the teaching methods and exam are the best for you and will be the most helpful for what you want to do with it (e.g. study in the UK or work in Australia). Find out more about CAE on http://www.cambridgeenglish.org and read our article on IELTS vs TOEFL to help you make an informed decision and to get you on the right path to learning English as a second language.