Do you plan to study abroad? Then find out how to get the best exchange rate when you pay for your studies, with these 5 tips. 1. Use Google to find out the present exchange rate You need to know the current exchange rate, before you can get a good one. To find out the exchange rate with Google, j… read more
How It Works
The key to a successful time abroad is good preparation and careful money management. Use our cost calculator to estimate what your outgoings are likely to be on an average week.
1. Select your country of studyUse the drop down menu (above) to select the country you will be studying in
2. Click on an icon (eg. food)
3. Choose itemsUsing the +/- boxes, decide which items you think you might need and how many of them you will purchase on an average week. The cost for each section will appear in the blue subtotal box
4. Other expensesUse this section to add any other regular weekly costs that you are already aware of (eg. medication, books, gym memberships)
5. Calculate your living costsPress the big red button and watch your grand total add up
Obviously, costs differ depending on where you are and how you want to live. These prices are based on average figures from the most expensive city of each country. This cost calculator is intended as a rough guide only.
Living on a student budget can be difficult, especially when surprise expenses come along. Here are some of the things you should have at the top of your monthly budget, as well as a couple of ideas on how to save some cash. Bills Your bills - accommodation, utilities and indeed university fees -… read more
Every year, thousands of students from hundreds of countries leave their homes to seek higher education in a foreign land. About 764,495 students from foreign countries studied in the United States between 2010 and 2011, according to the Institute of International Education, which tracks student mob… read more
One of the key assessments that need to be made when deciding where you want to go to college, is determining how much money is available - from family, institutional grants, outside scholarships, and your own savings - to meet a school's fixed costs, such as tuition, fees, and accommodation. Price… read more
It’s not impossible to keep your bill affordable whilst keeping in contact with your loved ones, it just takes some preparation. Shop aroundThere are companies that offer packages especially tailored to those who want to make international phone calls regularly. Companies such Lebara offer… read more